About Per Diem
At Per Diem we want to reinvent local commerce, and we believe that starts by connecting customers to the best local subscriptions. Through Per Diem, local coffee shops and farmers markets can create their own food & drink subscriptions to drive repeat business and improve customer loyalty. As part of the Per Diem team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
About being a PM at Per Diem
In this role, you are responsible for setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking, and well-honed product judgment. Given the two-sided nature of our business, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategy for the company.
Where you come in
• Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, and marketing. You'll guide product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for initiatives across audiences of our 2-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants.
• Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
• Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
• Craft the strategic direction of the company
• Establish and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into essential product decisions.
• Communicate product plans, benefits, and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
• You will report to our CTO.
What it takes to succeed
• Experience influencing product direction and others around you. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed, organized way
• Expert product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
• Shipped creative and highly successful consumer tech products; involved in process end-to-end
• Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
• Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions, familiarity with tools such as MixPanel, Amplitude are a big bonus!
• Engineering or design experience is a plus!
Extra, but not must
• CS degree or coded production-level web/mobile apps in the past
• Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up
• Interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplace
• Prove us that you're a doer
• Customer obsessed, we don't sell to customers we're partnered with them and help them to succeed.
• You are a learner! You're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel
Learn more about our product development culture here.