You're a restaurateur, coffee shop owner, or a baker. You've been taking online orders for a while now, and you're ready to take your business to the next level. Launching your own mobile app is the next step. But where do you start? How do you design and develop an app that meets your customer's needs? And most importantly, how do you make sure that your app increases customer loyalty and drives more sales?
In this post, we'll walk you through every step of the process, from designing your app to submitting it to the App Store. We'll also cover some tips on marketing your new app and increasing customer loyalty.
Why Customer Loyalty Is Important for Restaurants
Why is customer loyalty is so important for restaurants? After all, you're providing a great product and people should be happy to keep coming back, right? We all know it's not quite that simple. The fact is, your customers have a lot of choices when it comes to where they can eat. And if they're not happy with their experience at your restaurant—or if they find a better deal somewhere else—they'll be quick to make a switch.
That's why it's so important to focus on a more direct online connection with your guests. One way to do this is by launching a mobile app that makes it easy for them to order, see their points, and more.
How a Mobile App Can Increase Customer Loyalty
The fact is, when customers have your app on their phone, it's constantly at their fingertips. And that means they're more likely to use it because it's easy and convenient. Plus, a well-designed mobile app can provide a great customer experience. It's like having your own personal concierge who's always happy to help. With a mobile app, you can offer your customers unique experiences and special promotions that they can't find anywhere else.
So if you're looking for ways to increase customer loyalty, a mobile app is a great option. And Square can help you get started.
How to Launch Your Own Mobile App
So you've decided to launch your own mobile app. That's great! But where do you start? First, you need to come up with a plan. What are your goals for the app? What features do you want to include? Who is your target audience? Once you've answered these questions, it's time to start designing. This is where you get to let your imagination run wild. The sky's the limit when it comes to designing your app. One of the most important aspects of the app is the user experience (UX). Make sure your app is easy to use and navigate, or you'll lose your customers before they've even had a chance to sample your delicious food. Making you sure you get the small details right like retrieving a password or adding a payment method are key to a good app. Once the design is finished, it's time to start programming. This is a super complex process, so be sure to work with a qualified developer.
And last but not least, don't forget about marketing. You need to create a strategy that will get your app in front of as many people as possible. Of particular important is the first 7-30 days that the app is live. Getting lots of downloads will increase your chances of getting featured in the App Store.
How to Promote Your New Mobile App
So you've created a mobile app for your restaurant, coffee shop, or bakery. Now what? How do you get customers to start using it?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Make a splash by announcing your new app on social media and in your store.
- Incentivize customers to download the app by offering discounts and special deals that can only be redeemed through the app.
- Make it easy for customers to check their loyalty points and rewards through the app.
- Feature delicious food photos on your app homepage.
- Send push notifications with special offers and announcements.
Pro Tips for Increasing Customer Loyalty
You want to keep your customers coming back for more, right? Here are a few pro tips for increasing customer loyalty with your mobile app:
1. Make it easy for customers to reorder their favorite meals.
2. Add order ahead and tableside ordering to increase revenue without commissions.
3. Let customers send gift cards to friends and family that can be redeemed through your POS and in the app itself.
4. Reward customers with points for every purchase that can be used for future discounts.
5. Keep your app updated with beautiful food photos and major announcements.
6. Customize push notifications to alert customers instantly of special deals and offers.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Make sure your app is easy to use. The last thing you want is for your customers to struggle with your app. Make sure the menus and ordering process are simple and straightforward.
2. Offer exclusive discounts and rewards to customers who use your app. This will encourage them to download and use your app regularly.
3. Connect with your customers on a personal level. Use your app to send out special offers and greetings, and let your customers know that you appreciate their business.
4. Keep your app up-to-date with the latest news and events at your restaurant. This will keep your customers engaged and up-to-date on what's going on at their favorite spot.
So there you have it! Follow these steps and you're on your way to launching a successful mobile app.