Thanks to the Too Good To Go app, bakeries and restaurants can sell their unsold food at a discounted price. That way, you can still get your sweet fix without contributing to food waste. And because Too Good To Go takes a commission on each sale, shops like Breads Bakery and Blue Bottle Coffee can make some extra revenue on food that would have otherwise gone to waste.
What Is Too Good to Go?
Too Good To Go is an app that allows users to purchase unsold food from businesses near them. The app is available on Apple and Google Play stores. The app helps businesses reduce food waste by selling unsold food at a reduced price.
The app has been proven to be a win-win for both the businesses and consumers. For businesses, it helps to increase their profits as they can sell their unsold food instead of letting it go to waste. Shops also gain exposure to new customers. For consumers, they can access unsold food at discounted prices. They can also enjoy the convenience of having the app do all the work for them.
Additionally, Too Good To Go is also beneficial to the environment. As the app helps to reduce food waste, it lowers the amount of greenhouse gasses released into the atmosphere. This helps to ensure that future generations will have access to healthy food and safe drinking water.
The app also runs sustainability campaigns to inform people about responsible consumption and encourages them to shop ethically. Their campaigns are in line with their mission to reduce food waste and fight global warming. They also strive to raise awareness of their solutions and how they help businesses, consumers and the environment. They have achieved this through using social media, partnering with influencers, and collaborating with other businesses. In this way, Too Good To Go has become an integral part of the food industry and a powerful force in the fight against global warming.
The Benefits for Bakeries - Reducing Waste & Increasing Revenue
Bakeries have started to use the Too Good To Go app in order to reduce their food waste and generate extra revenue.
The app connects customers with restaurants and stores that have unsold, surplus food. Bakeries can partner with Too Good To Go and sell their leftovers before closure via the app. This allows bakeries to generate revenue from food surplus by selling it at a lower price.
The app has been beneficial for bakeries as it has helped them reduce their food waste by up to 90%. In addition, bakeries have seen an increase in their revenue as a result of using the app.
Case Studies: Breads Bakery & Blue Bottle Coffee
Breads Bakery and Blue Bottle Coffee are two prime examples of businesses who have partnered with Too Good To Go.
Breads Bakery is a super popular bakery in New York City. They have 5 locations, and partnering with Too Good To Go has allowed them to sell their unsold food, which has in turn reduced their waste and increased their revenue.
Blue Bottle Coffee is a larger company, but they face the same challenge as other businesses: how to reduce the amount of unsold food they produce each day. Too Good To Go allows them to do this by connecting them with users who are looking for deeply discounted food. It's a win-win for both the bakery / coffee shop and the customer.
How Can Bakeries Implement the Too Good to Go App?
First, you need to sign up on the app and provide details of their bakery, including the types of products they have available. Then, they can set up their “Magic Bags” – which are bundles of food that are then sold to consumers at discounted prices. Finally, when the Magic Bag is purchased, the consumer will receive a pickup time.
Once the bag is ready, Too Good To Go will notify the bakery that someone has purchased it and they can then prepare the order for pickup! It's incredibly easy and efficient, so I would highly recommend it for any bakery looking to reduce waste and increase their revenue!
Tips on Maximizing the Too Good to Go Customer Channel
Now that you have a better understanding of how Too Good To Go works, you’re probably wondering what steps you should take to maximize the impact of your Too Good To Go customer channel. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Decide what type of food you're going to offer: You can offer any type of food (including packaged snacks, ready-to-eat meals, baked goods, etc.), though baked goods tend to be the most popular items.
- Set competitive prices: Too Good To Go customers are looking for a deal, so make sure that you set prices that are low enough to attract them.
- Promote your offerings in other channels: Use other channels such as social media or email lists to let people know about your Too Good To Go offers.
- Offer variety: While it's important to offer the same items consistently in order to build a loyal customer base, try to mix things up from time to time by offering new items and special deals.
FAQs About Too Good to Go for Bakeries
We get it, you might have a lot of questions about how Too Good To Go works for bakeries. Let's take a look at some of the most common questions that come up.
- How much does Too Good To Go cost? Nothing! The app is totally free and there are no hidden fees.
- How do I get paid by Too Good To Go? We offer a variety of payment methods, including instant bank transfers and PayPal.
- What kind of food can I sell on the platform? Anything you'd like! Too Good to Go works with a variety of restaurants, bakeries, cafes, and more. You can list anything from cakes and pastries to salads and sandwiches.
- How do I know customers will like my food? We've got over 170k partners on our network who have successfully sold their surplus food through our platform and saved over 170 million meals in the process. So you can trust that customers will be delighted with your offerings!
Bakeries like Breads Bakery and Blue Bottle Coffee are using the Too Good to Go app to turn unsold food into revenue and help reduce waste. The app is a great customer acquisition channel and helps reduce waste by giving customers a way to purchase unsold food at a discount.